Sunday, August 23, 2009

Healthcare Reform

If you've been following the news at all, I'm sure you're aware of the insanity surrounding healthcare reform. From the public option and single-payer option to well...nothing. From filibusters, lies (i.e. death panels, calling Obama "Hitler"), to town hall disruptions. -It's been insane. I also love how public opinion doesn't seem to circle around opinions about the truth, but rather, the lies people are led to believe based on what network they get their news from. 

Now, I don't post many political thoughts on this blog that aren't related to education, however, I saw this and it really ticked me off. I'm sorry, but the poor economic state of our nation is not a reason to ignore healthcare reform - on the contrary. As more and more people are losing their jobs and their healthcare, while the democrats have the majority vote, this is EXACTLY the time for healthcare reform. It may be the only time for healthcare reform.

For some wonderful blog posts on healthcare and other political topics, please visit my friend's blog. I've known blpanda for at least 10 years and he offers a thoughtful and well-informed perspective on several topics, including healthcare. I hope you check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment