Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Downfall of Online Courses

So, I’m really excited to do some research about online pedagogy (next semester) and feel what it’s like to be on the other side for an online class.

From the student perspective, I’m frustrated. I read three AMAZING articles at the intersection of African-American culture, education and disability. I scribbled little notes and ideas that came to my head as I read the articles…and I won’t have the opportunity to talk to anyone about this. For some topics we’ve read about, posting and picking each other’s thoughts apart can be a good exercise. But…I just wish I could TALK about some of these things.

It’s like…I have all this stuff in my head…and then adding new information to it creates this…mental gas that wants to escape. And typing about it just doesn’t cut it. I want to talk.

I think I’m going to have to do some research on hybrid classes……..

No comments:

Post a Comment