Tuesday, September 15, 2009

More news...

Okay, can I just say that I think this is completely, amazingly awesome. How much of my soul will I have to sell for a seat in those classes? Hrm. Probably more than my soul is worth. Still, wow. Amazing mission.

I also think these folks and these folks are being a wee bit dramatic. Yes, we are headed towards a world of increasing technology, but I don't think higher educaiton is going to go completely digital in the next, oh, 20 or 30 years. Yes, there will be an increase in technology and technology will be increasingly incorporated into teaching pedagogy. But it will take more to dissolve the bricks and ivy out there. What do I think it will take? Well, as of now, the "elite" that run are country are still obsessed with Harvard and Yale. Until the elite start clamoring to go completely digial, I think we'll be safe. (Maybe if I could go to the institution mentioned in the previous paragraph, I'll be able to pick up a better framework for my argument.....)

Need a good laugh? Read this. I nearly peed myself. It made me realize exactly why Brown University does not give out grades below "C." (Well, technically, grades below "C" are given, but it's erased from your record like it never happened......)

No comments:

Post a Comment