Tuesday, November 15, 2011

How Cool!

Watching Rachel Maddow tonight I found out about something so completely and entirely awesome....the Occupy Wall Street Library! Sadly, when Bloomberg had Zuccotti Square evacuated, the library was taken (though some books are apparently being stored safely). This wasn't just a little library. There were over 5,000 volumes set up, and volunteer librarians cataloged them all! OWS considered their library to be "public," so in addition to the OWS folks, anyone who wanted to borrow a book could do so - some of whom were parents and children who lived in areas with underfunded/poor libraries.

Here's some info about the library! Click me!

Want to search the catalog? Go here

When I finish my thesis, I'm going to start into my library and maybe I'll even catalog it!

No comments:

Post a Comment